1. This is a knock-out tournament for
players with a Course handicap in the range 6 to 12 derived from the golf course being played.
2. Clubs will be invited by the Secretary of the Donald Cameron
League and will not exceed 16.
3. The match will consist of 4-four-ball better ball matches.
4. All matches to complete 18 holes.
The R&A Rules and the Local Rules of the Host Club will apply except GPS devices, that measure distance only, may be used.
6. In a two year cycle, Clubs drawn at home will be entered into a pot as an away club in year two.
7. In the event of a tie, a sudden death play-off will take place.
8. Clubs can select any two from the eight players to take part
in the sudden death play-off.
9. The player's handicap allowance is calculated as follows: For the course being played, The basic Course Handicap (CH) = the Handicap Index, (HI) x (Slope ÷113) rounded to the nearest integer. Playing Handicap (PH) = (C H) x Handicap Allowance) which is 90%. This enables the Playing Handicap to be verified in advance of visiting the Golf Club. If you prefer, the PH can be verified on the day of the event by using the Course Handicap Chart at the Golf Club. Strokes are taken relative to the player with the lowest PH who will play off zero strokes.
10. The first named club in the draw is the challenger and should
offer a minimum of two dates which will usually be a weekend.
11. Clubs participating: Balmore, Bearsden, Bishopbriggs, Cawder,
Clober, Douglas Park, Hayston, Hilton Park, Kirkintilloch,
Milngavie, Palacerigg, Ralston, Sandyhills, Westerwood and Windyhill.