1. A knock-out tournament for Past
Captains of clubs invited by the Secretary of the Donald Cameron League.
2. The maximum number of Teams is 16.
3. Each team to consist of eight Past Captains, irespective of whether they are currently a Member.
4. In the event of illness or holidays, any club can call on their
current Captain or Vice Captain to make up their team to the required
5. No club is allowed to play their current Captain or Vice Captain
in preference to a Past Captain.
6. In a two year cycle, Clubs drawn at home will be entered into a pot as an away club in year two.
7. The format will be 4 four ball better ball matches.
8. All games will play 18 holes, unless an overall result has been won.
9. The total holes-up against holes-down from the 4 matches will
decide the winners of each round.
10. If the match finishes all square, a sudden death play-off will
11. Any 2 players from the team of 8 can be selected to take part in the
12. The maximum Course Handicap allowance is 20.
13. Handicaps will be 90% of the Course Handicap, rounding to a whole number. This gives the Playing Handicaps. Adjust each Playing Handicap so the lowest handicap plays off zero.
14. Play will be from the white tees.
15. The first named club is the challenger and should offer a minimum of two dates, usually a weekend.
The R&A Rules and the Local Rules of the Host Club will apply except GPS devices, that measure distance only, may be used.
15. In the event of a dispute, the League Secretaries' decision will be
16. The Clubs
participating are: Balmore, Bearsden, Bishopbriggs, Cawder,
Clober, Douglas Park, Dullatur, Hayston,
Milngavie, Palacerigg, Ralston, Sandyhills and Windyhill.