The Rules of The Wee Boundary Bell
| 1. The competition will be known as the Wee Boundary Bell, and will be played annually between the respective winners of The JJ McCarry
League and The Fleming Watson League.
2. The format of the match will be five amateur club members playing eighteen holes scratch from the white tees, and be under 18 years of age
on 1st January in the year on which the match takes place. Two points to be awarded for a win, one point for a draw.
3. In the event of a draw then it will be decided in a sudden death play-off between a selected representative from each side.
4. The venue for the match will be on the same course as the Boundary Bell competition, and on the same day, the last Sunday in August, or the first Sunday in September if the original date in August has to be cancelled due to bad weather.
5. Players from the respective teams must be members of the Club which they are representing.
6, The R&A and local rules of the Club at which the match is to be played will apply, subject to the use of distance measuring devices being permitted.
7. The costs arising out of holding the match will be borne by the respective league winners, or as agreed mutually by the League Secretaries.
8. In an attempt to promote the friendly aspect of the match every effort should be made to have each team member sitting alongside his
opponent at the after-match meal.
9. In the event of the match not being finished because the course is unplayable only games that have been completed will count towards the
match result. However, if no more than three games are finished, the match will be replayed on an agreed date, to be decided by the league Secretaries, or their appointees.
Revised and agreed Nov 2022